When Should You Hire An Emergency Electrician?
Electrical systems are a vital necessity when it comes to powering our homes and businesses. Oftentimes when the lights go out after power gets disrupted or there’s a potentially dangerous electrical fault that needs urgent attention, most people would immediately consider turning to an emergency electrician for help.
If you happen to find yourself with an electrical situation on your hands and aren’t too sure if it warrants an emergency callout, below are some common scenarios where an emergency electrician can help, as well as some tips for how to find a reputable electrical contractor.
What Is An Electrician & What Do They Do?
Electricians are specialist tradespeople who design, install, test and maintain electrical equipment and wiring systems in a variety of settings including domestic, commercial and industrial locations.
What Services Do Emergency Electricians Provide?
While electricians carry out work in different areas under a variety of settings, when it comes to urgent electrical work, emergency electricians are often called to assist in situations such as the following:
- Power loss or no power
- Fault finding and troubleshooting
- Lighting repairs
- Repairing blown fuses
- Diagnosing switchboard problems
- Repairing flood or storm damage to electrical circuits
- Water heater service or diagnosing why there’s no hot water
- Working with smoke alarms
- Repairing faulty powerpoint outlets
- Troubleshooting safety switch issues
- Air conditioning repairs
- Troubleshooting & repairing Ethernet connections
How To Find A Good Emergency Electrician
Not sure where to start when it comes to finding the right emergency electrician? Below are some useful tips to help with narrowing down your search.
- Know what you need help with – having some idea of what needs urgent attention can help when deciding on a suitable electrical contractor for the job.
- Recommendations – ask neighbours, family, friends or workmates for a referral on someone they’ve worked with in the past. If someone you know and trust can vouch for an emergency electrician, chances are you’ll be happy with their quality of service too.
- Online Search – do a quick Google search online for some emergency electricians in your area. Don’t forget to look for some online reviews which will give you an idea of the level of service you are likely to receive from this electrical contractor.
What Makes A Great Emergency Electrician?
- Experienced & Qualified – because electrical work isn’t as simple as carrying out a regular DIY task at home and requires quite a bit of knowledge and expertise, check that the electrical contractor you choose has the appropriate licenses and certifications in order to do the job safely and effectively for your peace of mind.
A quick search on the Queensland Government Worksafe website will allow you to verify if an electrical contractor holds a current QLD electrical licence.
- Insured – not only should a good emergency electrician be licensed, but they should also be insured in order to protect you, your property and anyone carrying out the electrical work in the event something does go wrong.
- Accessibility – check that the electrical company is available to provide emergency repairs to your specific location.
- Suitable to your needs – ensure your electrician can provide the right sort of specialised service for your needs e.g. air conditioning or data cabling repairs whether they be in a commercial, residential or industrial environment.
- Safety-first mindset – choose to work with an electrical specialist with a safety-first approach to ensure they have your needs and welfare always at top of mind.
- 24/7 Responsiveness – emergencies are tricky in that they can occur at any time, day or night. A good emergency electrician should be on call and available to help whenver you need them 24/7.
- Valid references – a good electrician will be able to provide actual references to previous work they have carried out, which reflects the standard of work that they do.
- Workmanship guarantee – a good emergency electrician can stand by the quality of their work and offer a guarantee on their workmanship or any installations carried out.
Looking For A Reliable Emergency Electrician In Brisbane?
When you need an honest and reliable emergency electrician fast, you can count on the team at Brisbane Power Electricians. Here are some great reasons to call on us for your emergency electrical repair and service needs:
- Safety is our number one priority.
- We are fully licenced and insured to work in commercial, industrial and residential settings.
- We’re friendly and experienced and have offered excellent service across hundreds of Brisbane homes and businesses for over 44 years.
- We offer a workmanship guarantee for your peace of mind.
- We charge competitive rates for the work that we do and deliver our services on time and completed as promised.
- We’re available to help 24/7 and can be at your doorstep ready to assist in next to no time.
For all your emergency electrical needs or to ask for an obligation free quote, get in touch with the emergency electricians at Brisbane Power Electricians any time 24/7 on 1300 032 003.